Can I get comedonal acne even though I use non-comedogenic products?

Dr. Katherine Brown
Dermatology
In brief: Acne from cosmetics
Yes. Many factors contribute to acne: hormones, oil production, pore clogging, bacteria, & inflammation.
While avoiding poor-clogging comedogenic products is helpful, "non-comedogenic" simply implies that the product is not likely to cause comedones in most individuals... Meaning that if your skin is not like "most" then it could still breakout from the product or another factor causing acne.

In brief: Acne from cosmetics
Dr. Katherine Brown
Dr. Katherine Brown
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
There are many factors that will effect your predisposition for forming comedones.
This includes other aspects of your skin care routine including exfoliation and regional hair and skin differences.

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik