How can I prevent hormonal acne?

Anti-androgens. Taking anti-androgens such as Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) or yazmin or spironolactone can help. Also birth control pills help to regulate hormone levels which can stabilize their influence on acne formation.
Difficult to prevent. Ad you may have to resort to treatment rather than prevention. Obvious cessation of exogenous steroids such as Anabolic steroids are your first step. Some medications are useful to block the effects of testosterone induced acne such as spironolactone but any of these should not be taken without the supervision of a physician and may have other unwanted side effects.