I just recently found out i'm pregnant with my 3rd child. Two of my children are from a previous marriage and I am now pregnant with my fiance's child and he is 38 I will be 29 in a week. My 2nd child has trisomy 21 downs syndrome. Everyone I talk to keep

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: MaterniT21.

Your question was cut-off - but, if i understand correctly, you are concerned about the risk of Down syndrome in your current fetus because of your prior infant with down.
My answer is easy: take folate, (folic acid) get genetic counseling and consider the maternit21 non-invasive test by sequenom (or others similar to it now commercially available) to determine this fetus' risk for down syndrome. Best of luck!

In brief: MaterniT21.

Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: Your question

Did not come through . Please resend. Thank you

In brief: Your question

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: ?????

What is the ? , but obviously you will get testing and an amiocentesis if indicated and you want it, if you were my pt not knowing all your details i would immediately refer you to the perinatolgist that I use so you can be counseled and worked up to make sure you unborn fetus is normal ( or not), so you can procede accordingly.

In brief: ?????

Dr. Adam Levy