How do I moisturize my face without causing more acne?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Hydration

Remember that one of the best ways to hydrate your skin is by keeping your body well hydrated - you will likely notice immediate benefits if you increase your water intake during the day.

In brief: Hydration

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Moisturizer for acne

It is a myth that oily acne prone skin does not need moisturizing.
The key is to look for a light weight, lotion moisturizer. Look for words like, "oil-free", "non comedogenic". My favorite is epionce renewal lite facial lotion, designed for combination to oily/problem skin.

In brief: Moisturizer for acne

Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Depends

Moisturining your acneic skin if it is oily, is not necessary.
Just cleanse, use your antiacne meds and spf. At night add retin-a. If you have normal to dry skin, using an alphahydroxy or combo product can help to promote skin exfoliation.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Robert Keller
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Exfoliation

Acne is blockage of the hair follicle and subsequent infection.
Heavy moisturizers can block the pores. Use a moisturizer with 5% benzoyl peroxide, dimethicone 1% adn glycerin 20%.

In brief: Exfoliation

Dr. Robert Keller
Dr. Robert Keller