Tight enlarged jaw muscles near my temples... Facial distortion ... Botox therapy?

Dr. Russell Lieblick
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Possibly

Botox therapy may be helpful for you.
You may also need splint therapy... A night guard that you wear to reduce clenching or grinding your teeth which works the muscles and makes them larger. Your dentist and oral surgeon will work together to make this therapy work well for you.

In brief: Possibly

Botox therapy may be helpful for you.
Dr. Russell Lieblick
Dr. Russell Lieblick
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Maybe but C MD 1st

Botox therapy could perhaps cause atrophy and some relief of the muscle spasms but it is better to first determine the cause of the problem.

In brief: Maybe but C MD 1st

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: TMD

I would advise seeking an opinion on the status of your jaw joint or jaw muscles before embarking on Botox therapy.
Spasm of the temporalis muscle may be due to jaw clenching.

In brief: TMD

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel