I just took 2 sudafed for my sinus congestion, can I take anything with it for my coughing spasms?

Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: Coughing spasms

Coughing spasms are symptoms of whooping cough especially when gasping for air in between with or without choking or vomiting are signs of pertussis or whooping cough.
If the cough is persistent, i recommend you to be tested for it and/or get treated. Cases of pertussis have increased recently thus my vigilance for diagnosing it.

In brief: Coughing spasms

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Kamel Sadek

In brief: Use but be cautious

Yes, you may use cough medication but you have to careful of side effects and possible interaction with other medications.
Coughing is necessary to clear your lungs from mucus build-up and help in keeping your airways open. If your cough is keeping you up at night, then you can use cough suppressant so you have a good rest. Tessalon perles (benzonatate) can help. Becareful of the dm's.

In brief: Use but be cautious

Dr. Kamel Sadek
Dr. Kamel Sadek
Dr. Nela Cordero

In brief: COUGH

Sudafed dries the nose.
Coughing episodes are controlled by cough syrups like suppressants, benadryl, (diphenhydramine) etc.

In brief: COUGH

Sudafed dries the nose.
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Eric Weisman