What the difference between my anxiety symptoms and angina? The left side of my body goes numb after eating. I've been examined in the ER and the doctors said I have no signs of heart attack, stroke, or cancer. I didn't notice I was depressed. Could I be

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: When it happens

Angina means heart pain which is much much more likely to occur in older people and during physical exertion while panic attacks are often random, or due to some specific trigger such as supermarket/closed space likely elevator etc.
..During a panic attack, the symptoms are quite like angina. Being 24 and had work-up without cardiac involvement, panic is likely. Consult doc for treatment. Good luck.

In brief: When it happens

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Yes, there very effective treatments available for panic/anxiety problems--meds such as lexapro/zoloft/prozac/paxil/celexa etc...are quite good. Consult doc. Good luck
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology