Is it okay to stagger doses of tylenol/advil for feverish child (5 yrs old)?

In brief: Why ever ???

Fever is a normal body response that increases metabolism, heart rate & breathing to fight infection.
It is a sign not the problem. I find it abusive to wake a child for fever meds or constantly be giving something in the false hope that it does something good. Kids need ample fluids, nutrition & rest to recover from an illness.If I choose to medicate I pick the longer acting drug & stick with it

In brief: Why ever ???

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: You Can

It is , but whether it is better is not clear.Thr current rotine is to give a dose every 4 hours.
I believe that this method gives too many peaks and valleys in the amount of meds in the system.One med gives a more even effect.

In brief: You Can

Dr. Stuart Hickerson

This is not a problem. It is wha I do for my children.

Dr. Shontae Buffington