I have a pulling sensation from top of foot down to big toe nail can feel it when I rub against the vein could it be a blood clot?

Dr. David Tobin
Podiatry

In brief: No

Veins arteries and nerves travel together, you are most likely stimulating a nerve.
If you're rubbing really hard you my be stretched the tendon to the toe.

In brief: No

Dr. David Tobin
Dr. David Tobin

In brief: Not likely

The symptoms you are describing are more likely to be tendonitis.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Eric Abrams
Podiatry

In brief: Probably not

More than likely, you have a case of tendinitis, specifically of the ehl or extensor hallucis longus tendon, which runs downward across the ankle down to the big toe.
A clot will typically present with redness and/or swelling of the area, and is more common in the large veins of the lower leg. However, you should seek medical care if you ever suspect a clot, to rule it out completely!

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Eric Abrams
Dr. Eric Abrams
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: While uncommon

In the foot, they do occur. There is a "plexus" of nerves on the top of the foot and one can get a clot.
More likely, would be a tendonitis or a neuritis. See a podiatist and have it checked out.

In brief: While uncommon

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery