Does fatty liver disease cause pain on right side under ribs?

No. But a bad gall bladder can cause that type of pain. You should get this evaluated.
No. Fatty liver is a condition that is not painful. However, pain under your right ribs could indicate another problem. Gallbladder disease comes to mind first. Certain lung conditions may also cause pain in that area. Inflammation of the stomach may also cause discomfort under the right ribs. If the pain continues or is severe, i urge you to seek medical attention right away. Good luck!