What kind of doctor treats kaposi sarcoma?

Dr. Michael Thompson
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Derm, Onc, HIV

Ks may be treated by a variety of types of physicians including: dermatologist hiv specialist hematologist/oncologist.

In brief: Derm, Onc, HIV

Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. David Stockman
Dermatopathology

In brief: Important question

Great question. Kaposi Sarcoma is a rare tumor. So rare in fact that the doctors (pathologists) that make your diagnosis rarely encounter it.
You should immediately seek out a 2nd opinion from an expert pathologist for confirmation of your diagnosis. I have been trained in sarcoma pathology from MD Anderson Cancer Center. Contact me at david.stockman@orthopath.com

In brief: Important question

Dr. David Stockman
Dr. David Stockman

In brief: Many

Kaposi is caused by a herpesvirus.
There are several different settings which will dictate who diagnoses and then treats ranging from a family practioner/internist, dermatologist, or if in a patient with aids, an infectious disease specialist and a surgical or medical oncologist. The local distribution of expertise will dictate who has the interest and experience to render the care.

In brief: Many

Kaposi is caused by a herpesvirus.
Dr. Benjamin Kim
Dr. Benjamin Kim