What is the survival rate of patients with brain stem gliomas?

Poor survival rate. Brainstem gliomas are primary brain tumors that arise from the glial tissue and are usually astrocytomas (grades 1-4). Diagnosis is by mri. Rarely are these biopsied or operated upon because of their critical location in the brainstem. For the highest grade, survival is on the order of months. The lower grade may survive a couple of years. Radiation and chemotherapy do play a role in treatment.
Depends on grade. Grade 1 & 2 tumors are considered benign and long survivals are expected. Grade 3 or anaplastic gliomas are intermediate and grade 4 or glioblastomas tend to have shorter survival periods depending on age, sex, resectability, and presence or absence of seizures..