What is the rate of survival for stage IV kidney cancer?

Poor. Unfortunately the 5 year survival rate for stage IV renal cell cancer is poor, 0-20%. However, in recent years their have been significant advances in the treatment of this disease and we now see some long term survivors.
Stage IV kidney ca. In general, the median overall survival of stage 4 kidney cancer will be around 16 to 20 months- with a 5 year overall survival of less than 10%. If eligible for il-2, in selected cases, ( will depend on the location of metastases, the type of cancer cells, how much metastases, other prognostic factors- overall condition etc) - il-2, can give dramatic and durable responses(. D/w your md.