I have been having some MS like symptoms. Mri shows brain stem lesions n fluid on optic nerve sheaths. Could this be ms?

Dr. Ari Weitzner
Ophthalmology

In brief: Possible

But typically one sees plaques periventricular, not brainstem. Fluid in optic nerve sheath is not typical.
You need to have long conversation with neurologist.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Ari Weitzner
Dr. Ari Weitzner

In brief: Possible

However, several other conditions could cause your findings, and need to consider such problems as vasculitis, arteritis, lupus, sarcoidosis, Lyme disease, HIV, syphilis.
In end, this may indeed be MS, and you need treatment for whatever is causing your problems.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

I suggest you follow up with your doctor for further testing and referral to a neurologist.

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Adam Smith