Im getting no where with my sons ped. Bdcause the lab they use takes 10-14 days. His fever keeps getting higher by the day. He has red blood in his stoll but no hemeroids. Is it time to just go to the er? We live in a small town so the big hospitals are 4

In brief: Maybe

Depending on what the whole picture is, fever by itself can be a mild, medium, or major problem. Blood in stool can vary from a drop to a lot, with different potential causes (and may or may not be serious).
If a child looks ill or acts ill, trips to the er may be needed. That's because the illness will change over a few days, and needs to be rechecked to see if it is getting worse or going away.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Ahmet Aybar
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology

In brief: Fever/blood in stool

I hope there are some stool tests ordered.
I think it is time to go to ED and get him checked out again. He may have a bacterial bowel infection which may explain the symptoms you have mentioned. Good luck

In brief: Fever/blood in stool

Dr. Ahmet Aybar
Dr. Ahmet Aybar
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery