What are conditions affecting the placenta?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Structural, function

Many problems involve abnormal location of the placenta (too low, too deep in uterine wall).
Other less common ones are due to abnormal structure (eg, vessels from placenta unsupported by tissue, small or odd shape, tumors in the placenta). Some can develop in a normal placenta late in pregnancy (such as replacement of healthy tissue with fibrous tissue). Not all are detectable by ultrasound.

In brief: Structural, function

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Too many to answer

Here, u need to be more specific and if you are worried about something specific you should be discussing it with your OB just like my pts do with me, to name a few placenta previa, vasa previa , placental abruption - hopefully u do not ahve or will develop any of those.

In brief: Too many to answer

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson