Can urinary tract infection cause vaginitis with symptoms of vaginal and vulva itch and soreness?

Dr. Julia Stanford
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: No

But the antibiotics used to treat utis can lead to vaginal yeast infections which would cause these symptoms.

In brief: No

Dr. Mark Tosca
Urgent Care

In brief: Not typically

In my experience it's usually the other way around, where a vaginal or vulvar yeast infection for example sets you up for a uti.
Although its also possible that you don't have a uti. The discomfort with urination can be related to the inflammation from vulvovaginitis. You'd have to have a pelvic exam and urinalysis to know what's going on.

In brief: Not typically

Dr. Peter Kurzweil