I recently had a total colectomy with ileorectal anastomosis for severe chronic inertiia that was unresponsive to other treatmentswhen they removed my colon they were surprised to find some areas of early stage cancer as well I had been undergoing regular

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Surprise benefit

You had a second significant benefit to your surgery for a different indication.
Congratulations and hopefully your recovery is smooth. Pre-op diagnosis is still not 100 percent.

In brief: Surprise benefit

Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg

In brief: ? regular cheek ups

Most likely they found in situ or early non spreading cancer, and good you got your colon removed.
Ileorectal anastomosis will give frequent loose bm s initialy and body adapts eventually . You will be fine make sure to see your doctors.

In brief: ? regular cheek ups

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Adam Levy