Severe headache especially behind left eye for 7 days. Had sweats, cold chills and vomiting for 4 days. Family doctor put me on cephalexin 2000 mg.

Dr. Yale Kanter
Ophthalmology

In brief: Eye pain

The best way to start the evaluation would be to see an ophthalmologist for a complete eye examination to see if an explanation can be found for your symptoms or to decide what he next step should be.
The initial impression of your family doctor suggests a sinusitis and the use of the antibiotic. If this does not resolve the issue then i would suggest following through with an ophthalmologist.

In brief: Eye pain

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Eye pain

With your description, it could be many different issues such as preseptal or orbital cellulitis, angle closure glaucoma, or something altogether different.
I would recommend close followup with your regular doctor and an complete eye exam as soon as possible.

In brief: Eye pain

Dr. Steven Seres