My kid was born with a hole in back of her head the doctor siad that when he broke my water that maybe the tool hit her . No hair will grow. Is it ok?

Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: Not to worry

If it is a cosmetic issue later on, you can always go see plastic surgeons or cosmetologist etc.
Bald is beautiful. A lot of people are shaving their heads off.There is hair implants now too.Make a decision when child is older.Your child may have different thoughts then.

In brief: Not to worry

Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: Cutis aplasia

This sounds more like cutis aplasia,a problem that is most often seen at the top of the head.
It is thought to represent impaired blood flow to the skin during the later stage of pregnancy when the site is pressed against the uterine wall & or a bony prominence.Regardless, this hairless area can be removed at some point in the future & a creative surgeon can bring nearby hairy skin over to cover it

In brief: Cutis aplasia

Dr. Shontae Buffington