I had a lumbar punture almost 2 weeks ago and I am having really bad headaches the only thing that helps is to lay down?

Dr. Scott Mackinnon
Anesthesiology

In brief: PDP headache

Post dural puncture head ache most likely cause, as indicated by positional changes.
Eventually it resolves on its own, but hydration, caffeine and analgesics can be helpful. If this does not work, let your doc know and ask about blood patch.

In brief: PDP headache

Dr. Scott Mackinnon
Dr. Scott Mackinnon
Dr. Scott Sauer
Pain Management

In brief: Speak with doctor

2 weeks is long enough to wait for a spinal headache to improve.
You will need to speak with your doctor about getting an epidural blood patch to eliminate the headaches.

In brief: Speak with doctor

Dr. Scott Sauer
Dr. Scott Sauer
Dr. Vikram Patel