What alternative treatments exist for patients with gallbladder cancer?

None. Surgery is the only method of achieving cure for gallbladder cancer. When not discovered incidentally during routine gallbladder surgery, gallbladder cancer usually presents in advanced stages. Therefore even with surgery, chances of total cure are low. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy, though used, have not proven to be very successful in treating this disease.
Not many . Best bet is surgery if possible. If not, chemotherapy can be helpful, but is not curative. Radiation is of limited benefit. Clinical trials are worth considering as well.