Are there ways to shift a breech baby before birth?

In brief: Moxibustion
I wanted to add a traditional chinese medicine option to the excellent ideas provided by dr. Collins & dr. Livingston.
Moxibustion (heated mugworth)is applied to major acupuncture points to assist the baby in moving from a breech position to a head down position. This site explains: http://www.Pregnancy.Com.Au/birth-choices/breech-birth/moxibustion-for-breech-presentation.Shtml.

In brief: Moxibustion
2 comments
Dr. Lydia Collins
As a trained medical acupuncturist, I too used to offer moxibustion to pregnant women with breech pregnancies. But early promising studies haven't been rigorously enough replicated. While not harmful, I'm less confident that it's helpful than I have been in the past.
Thank you so much for this feedback. I did acupuncture training with several OB/GYN doctors. My acupuncture practice does not include obstetrical / gynecological treatment - so it is helpful to hear from others. Heidi
Dr. Jeff Livingston
There is a procedure called an external cephalic version to rotate a breech or transverse (sideways) baby to the correct position which is head down.
The doctor or cnm uses his or her hands to apply pressure on the abdomen allowing the baby to rotate. This procedure can be uncomfortable for the mom and requires an experienced provider to be done safely.

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Lydia Collins
Gynecology
In brief: Version
The procedure for doing this is called a version.
It may or may not be an option depending on your exact situation. It works better if a woman has been pregnant before and there is not a low volume of fluid around the baby. Talk to your OB doctor about whether a version would be a reasonable option for you or not.

In brief: Version
Dr. Lydia Collins
Dr. Lydia Collins
In brief: Sometimes
Your question is better to refer to your primary ob/gyn doctor, who will provide you with detailed response.
It's out of my specialty field, sorry.

In brief: Sometimes
It's out of my specialty field, sorry.
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Cindy Juster