Is it normal to experience burning in your throat several weeks after radiation treatment to the larynx?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Maybe

Throat irritation after radiation can last for a while.
It may also be related to acid reflux. Obviously, this should be followed by an ENT who can visualize your larynx with an endoscope.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Dale Tylor
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Can happen

Radiation to the voicebox area certainly can be painful, but so can cancer in that area.
I would see your ENT to check it out. You may need a "magic mouthwash" medicine, thrush medicine, antibiotics or other treatment. Try to stay well hydrated in the meantime, and to keep your nutrition up during this difficult time. Good luck to you.

In brief: Can happen

Dr. Dale Tylor
Dr. Dale Tylor
Dr. Peter Kurzweil