Can tear in the capillaries arround the inner tongue cause blood in sputum?

Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Blood in Sputum

A tear in the blood vessels in the base of the tongue can cause bleeding, but it is not high up on my list.
Go see an ENT for a complete history and exam.

In brief: Blood in Sputum

Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dentistry

In brief: Well

To answer your question in a different way, the tongue is highly vascular but not a common cause for bleeding in the mouth or for there to be a blood in your sputum.
Blood in sputum is much more common from bleeding gums that are inflammed depending on the severity of inflammation, gingival tissue may bleed with even minor insults but will generally stop within a few minutes.

In brief: Well

Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology