How long does it take to recover from a bottom molar tooth extraction with a bone graft and stitches?

Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry

In brief: Define recover

Depends on your definition of recover..
..If you mean "when can i go back to work?", the answer is the next day--you will be sore, but quite functional. If you mean "when will all pain be gone?", about 2 weeks +/-. "when will it feel like normal again?" after the implant crown is placed!

In brief: Define recover

Depends on your definition of recover..
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Usually 1 week but

What is your definition of recovery? Usually after this procedure the patient may have some discomfort for a few days up to a week.
However, the site will take longer to heal.

In brief: Usually 1 week but

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dentistry

In brief: Some discomfort

Is expected until the stiches are removed.
If you got resolvable suture it would be around a week, .

In brief: Some discomfort

Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dr. Vicken Poochikian

In brief: 10 days.

I am not a dentist, but based on personal experience it took me about 10 days to recover , some may take longer. But if more than 2 weeks, revisit your dentist.

In brief: 10 days.

Dr. Vicken Poochikian
Dr. Vicken Poochikian
Dr. Peter Kurzweil