What is the icd-9 code for metastasis colon cancer and the cpt code to?

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Depends

It depends on where it's metastatic to.
There are different icd 9 codes depending on a met to the liver versus a lymph node versus the lung. If you search for "secondary malignant xxxx" where xxxx = the site of metastasis you will find it.

In brief: Depends

It depends on where it's metastatic to.
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. William A Biermann
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Need more info

The code for colon cancers is 153.
_. 153.9 is for colon cancer of unspecified site. There is a separate group of codes for metastasis and the site. The number after 153 is for the site of the primary tumor. I can't answer the cpt code question, because there is not enough information.

In brief: Need more info

The code for colon cancers is 153.
Dr. William A Biermann
Dr. William A Biermann
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery