I had my wisdom teeth out 3 days ago and my lower jaw is sore with pain...Is it okay to apply a heating pad to it to reduce the pain?

Dr. James Bates
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Jaw Pain

After only 3 days it's normal to have some pain at the surgical site.
I generally recommend ice for the first 3 days, then moist heat beyond that. If your pain persists or worsens, return to see your oral surgeon for an evaluation to see if there's a problem with healing, and follow their instructions.

In brief: Jaw Pain

Dr. Charlene Sojico

I see no reason why not.
May have to take pain medicine as prescribed.May be sore for a week or so.If condition worsened, see your dentist asap.

I see no reason why not.
Dr. J BARRY Stovall
General Practice

Moist heat is the best.

Moist heat is the best.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey