Is inflammation a symptom of cancer of the breast?

Sometimes. There is an aggressive form of breast cancer that can present like an infection. There is usually not a mass and the infection does not resolve with antibiotics. Breast infections are very common in women who are breastfeeding. I recommend being evaluated by your physician and getting breast imaging.
Very, Very rarely. The most common symptom of breast cancer is a lump; others include skin dimpling, nipple discharge, breast pain. There is a rare type of breast cancer called inflammatory ca that will mimic the appearance of a breast infection. The fact is that most women with breast inflammation have a breast infection--regardless, this does warrant physician evaluation.