How do you prevent stomach cancer?

Here's how to. Minimize your risk of getting stomach cancer: get tested for h. Pylori, and get treated if positive. Stop smoking. Avoid smoked foods, salted fish and meat, pickled vegetables, nitrates and nitrites (found in cured meats). Nitrates and nitrites can be converted by certain bacteria, such as h. Pylori, into compounds that can cause stomach cancer in animals. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Hard to prevent. There are several risk factors for stomach cancer including asian ethnicity, smoking, and infection with the bacteria h.Pylori. If you have h.Pylori a course of antibiotics will eliminate the bacteria and lower your risk for cancer. If you have a family history or other risk factors, the best is to undergo an upper endoscopy for screening, or to catch the cancer in its early stages.