How do you help someone with cancer?

Dr. Richard Mcgee
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Be a friend

Just by sitting and talking with them and letting them tell you about how they feel and what they hope and fear, you can help them. Also suggesting or doing things for them without having them ask- bring a meal for them to reheat, take their dog out for a day, all the little things they have less energy for that you can do helps them a lot.
Do the laundry, the grocery shopping, and so forth.

In brief: Be a friend

Dr. Richard Mcgee
Dr. Richard Mcgee
Dr. Devon Webster
Keep checking on your friend. Call regularly, bring over soup or a box of tea or a nice bar of soap. Don't ask "Can I do anything for you?" Instead say "I am going grocery shopping today. What can I pick up for you?" Or "I am going to the dry cleaner. What can I take?" etc.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Most scary place

Cancer make people age right in front of our eyes, is a scariest place to be - just being in their life is a tremendous support to them. It is said in history god wants witness - sometimes letting people know their suffering is validated by being there for them shows tremendous love and support u r serving a small part of divine love.

In brief: Most scary place

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Paul Cohen
Being supportive and 'present' is the best medicine one can offer.