Is it safe to take copaxone (glatiramer) or rebif as a treatment for ms?

Yes, but see below. Both, especially Copaxone (glatiramer) are quite safe, but require injections, with risk of skin reactions with both, and permanent site dimpling with copaxone (glatiramer). Rebif can cause flu-like rxtns, depression, liver issues, thyroid problems, in addition. Copaxone (glatiramer) may have brief chest pain, breathlessness, and flushing after injection.(hypertension is reported) Copaxone (glatiramer) is safer for pregnancy.
Both are safe. both of these treatments are safe and they are both known to prevent MS attacks.