How safe is laser hair removal?

Dr. Barry Handler
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Risks are few

While all lasers have the potential to burn and no treatment is 100% effective laser hair removal performed by experienced hands is safe and effective.
Beware of cut-rate places with poor supervision and inexperienced operators.

In brief: Risks are few

Dr. Ralph Rosato
Surgery - Plastics

I had laser hair removal from my back.
It hurt but the results have lasted. I required three treatments to remove 95% of the hair. You need to keep out of the sun while you are being treated to avoid darkening of the sklin.

I had laser hair removal from my back.
Dr. Thomas Wright
Phlebology

In brief: Pretty Safe

All lasers have the potential to burn and no treatment is 100% safe.
Laser hair removal performed by experienced hands is safe and effective. Discount places with poor supervision and or inexperienced operators may take safety short cuts.

In brief: Pretty Safe