How can you minimise the appearance of a keloid scar?

Injections. Keloids can be reduced in thickness with injections of cortisone or other medications such as floururacil.
Keloid Rx. The safest approach is silicone tape/gel (myscaraway, from walgreens/online), steroid/bleomycin injections immunosuppressant/chemotherapyagent) only in pro hands, electron-beam radiotherapy, almost never excision unless radiotherapy can be guaranteed within 24hr after excision. Be very careful or it will be made worse by cutting it! close follow up for 2yrs+ to monitor for recurrence essential!
Keloid. Keloid scar, if it is thick and enlarging with time may need some injctions(5fu, cortisone, or even mitomycinc) to reduce and to slow its growth. In some cases you may need excision and the use of those drugs at the same time. Good luck.