How can do I reduce the appearance and the feel of keratosis pilaris?

Keratosis pilaris. You can buy a "buff puff" over the counter and use a cream called amlactin (over the counter) after you get out of the bath or shower. Try not to rub too hard but use the medicated lotion twice a day and exfoliate the area may help.
Urea, finacea. Urea, ammonium lactate and axelaic acid will reduce appearance of keratosis polaris. Dr jonathan wright inhis newsletter recommends essential fatty acids found in flaxseed oil and zinc. The combination improves the follicular keratosis seen in this condition.