What treatment for a complex thyroid nodule?

Nodule. If you have a complex thyroid nodule that meets certain criteria a thyroid nodule biopsy under ultrasound could be preformed. It is a simple procedure done with local anesthetic. Most thyroid modules are overwhelmingly benign. If positive additional studies and likely removal of that lone of the thyroid.
Options. Depends on the size of the nodule, you can either do an ultrasound guided biopsy to rule out cancer or follow it with yearly ultrasound to make sure that it's not growing or do the biopsy if it grows. If it's causing swallowing/breathing problem or if it's producing extra hormone, surgical removal is also an option.