Do benign intraductal papillomas need removal?

David Miller
In brief: Maybe, maybe not
If the tumor is benign then it might not need to come out.
However, if it's in there long enough, it might start to cause problems like blocking the ducts to your mammary glands. Also, just because it's benign today doesn't mean it won't transform at some point. It might be worth having it out, if it's simple and easy to do. See your local surgeon for more ideas.

In brief: Maybe, maybe not
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me explian
Intraductal papillomas can be surgically removed if they prove bothersome.
A small incision is made along the edge of your areola, then the papilloma and its duct are removed. The resulting scar can be nearly undetectable.

In brief: Let me explian
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied