Can you have prostate surgery after treatment with radiation?

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
It has been done but really no surgeon wants to do it because there will be too many problems and it's difficult because of the scarring and loss of tissue planes needed by the surgeon.
So many will not advise it. But has and can be done. I don't advise it.

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
After radiation therapy for prostate cancer, prostate cancer can recur. In select cases, one can then opt for radical surgery but the risks and complications are increased due to the scarring and inflammation that radiation induces.

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery