Can you develop stomach cancer from smoking?

It increases risk. Smoking will not give you stomach cancer directly, but it increases your risk of getting stomach cancer. If you stop smoking, you will lower your risk.
Increased risk. Several studies have examined the relationship between tobacco smoking and gastric cancer. While smoking doesn't directly cause stomach cancer to form, it does appear to raise your risk about 1.5 times higher than non-smokers. After quitting smoking, this risk appears to go back down. So it's definitely worth quitting!