I've got "open angle glaucoma" what is it? Is it heriditary?

Optic nerve damage. Open angle glaucoma is a group of disorders in which there is characteristic and progressive damage to the optic nerve. This results in loss of peripheral vision and can cause blindness. Glaucoma has numerous causes, some of which are genetic and not all of which are fully understood. While having family members with glaucoma increases your risk of getting glaucoma, it does not guarantee it.
Nerve compromise. Glaucoma is a group of eye conditions that result in optic nerve damage.Although there are many types and causes, "open angle" refers to normal drainage access for the natural eye fluid, with or without elevated eye pressure, but with evidence of optic nerve compromise not due to any causes of other glaucomas. The eye appears normal. Family history is a risk factor for open angle glaucoma.