I need to undergo cardiac ablation to treat my atrial fibrillation, how do I select a doctor?

Eectrophysiologist. I agree that an electrophysiologist wil provide the best information regarding catheter ablation. It is important to ask questions regarding outcomes and success rates. I would recommend a university setting for this type of ablation that will provide the best staff as well as equipment.
It's Tough. Finding the most competent doctor in your area can be extremely difficult. Send me a message and i'll get you a name or two of some nationally recognized people not too far away.