Can ovarian cancer get worse with nervousness or stress?

Dr. Ricardo Estape
Gynecology - Oncology

In brief: No

Although stress can alter some of the immune system factors, it is probably not enough to make the cancer get worse.
However, lower stress, which is hard when cancer enters your life, can surely help. Let the doctor's fight the cancer with you and you should enjoy life, every day.

In brief: No

Dr. Ricardo Estape
Dr. Ricardo Estape
Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Possibly

There are not clinical trials that answer this question because it is hard to study.
Stress hormones are adrenaline and cortisol. Cortisol can dampen your immune response and allow tumors to grow more easily, while adrenaline can increase tumor growth and spread. I believe stress can cause cancer to get worse, but i can't show you a study that proves it.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Jane Van Dis