How to deal with a boss who belittles others in order to boost his low self esteem?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Work Stress

Difficult situation but the best you probably can do is to assert yourself without anger, be direct and tactful and remember to try to not personalize his or her responses as you they are driven by insecurity.
Read my book, "managing the stress of success" featured on the soundmindz.Org website as i address workplace bullying specifically. Best.

In brief: Work Stress

Dr. John Chavez
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Boss with low esteem

First, you can trying talking with your boss about this issue.
If this does not solve the problem you need to explore how the chain of command works at your place of employment such as a human resource department. Hopefully, a nice and polite talk with your boss will be enough.

In brief: Boss with low esteem