How long can you wait after pulpotomy before root canal?

Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Sooner = better

It can be a ticking time bomb depending on the situation.
Pulpotomy is usually an emergency treatment (except on Primary [baby] teeth). Get in to see the Dentist or Endodontist (specialist in root canals) ASAP. Good Luck.

In brief: Sooner = better

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dentistry

In brief: Don't wait

The pulpitomy is only a temporary emergency relief and generally is rarely done.
It is only a matter of time before the tooth flares up again. Have the root canal done soon.

In brief: Don't wait

Dr. Ragan Faler
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: Not long

I would not wait too long to have your tooth treated as you are allowing the infection to continue.

In brief: Not long

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Jeff Kimble
Dentistry

In brief: ASAP

In my practice, most patients will find relief from pain with a pulpotomy/pulpectomy for about a month.
Then it will start hurting again. This said, you should still complete the root canal treatment asap to start the healing process.

In brief: ASAP

Dr. Jeff Kimble
Dr. Jeff Kimble
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: Not long

Normally i rec less than 2 months to my patients.
Some have gone a year with out prob but others have re-infected after less than 2 months. The sooner you get it done the better. The pain can come back.

In brief: Not long

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Cindy Juster