Does an abnormal EEG confirm epilepsy in you?

Sometimes. There are several possible abnormalities on an eeg which can confirm the diagnosis of epilepsy, if the patient's history is consistent with that. However, some eegs may be "over-interpreted" as being consistent with seizures when they are not, so it is important to work a neurologist who has been trained in eeg interpretation. A seizure may be recorded during an eeg, that may be confirmatory.
Yes and no. The eeg is a tool to be used by a trained neurologist to help diagnose epilepsy. The eeg alone is of little value. The history and examination are the important elements. Eeg recorded during a seizure can be very helpful but difficult to obtain. Baseline eeg can show abnormal activity, especially in children, even though the patient has never had a seizure. It is valuable in the right hands.