What kind of doctor does umbilical hernia repair surgery?

General Surgeon. Most general surgeons do umbilical hernia repair surgery for adults and some do them for children. Pediatric surgeons do them for children as well.
Pediatric & General. Surgeons repair umbilical herniae. However, in young kids we wait until close to school age before considering repair, because there is a high rate of spontaneous closure in the first 3 years of life, and the incidence of hernia complications (eg, incarceration) in kids is quite low. The incidence of hernia complications rises in older patients, so a persistent umbilical hernia should be repaired.
General Surgeon. Umbilical herniorraphy is a common procedure performed by general surgeons.
General Surgeon. General surgeons repair umbilical hernias. They can be fixed open (single larger incision) or laparoscopically (multiple tiny incisions). Pediatric surgeons can fix umbilical hernias in kids and adolescents, usually up to age 18.
General surgeon. A general surgeon repairs most all types of hernias, including umbilical hernias.