Is atypical ductal hyperplasia common in women?

Yes. The presence of abnormal duct cells at the time of a breast biopsy (ADH (vasopressin)) is common. This is not a pre-cancerous condition, however, women with ADH (vasopressin) do have a 2 to 4 fold increased lifetime risk of developing breast cancer as compared to the general population.
I hope not. Atypical ductal hyperplasia is considered premalignant. It is very precurcer for breast cancer and needs to be removed in most cases. If not then very frequent monitoring must be done. Remover it won't go away on its own.