Is there a good home remedy for surgical wound infections that start after the stitches are removed?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care
In brief: Stitch infection
Remember to use some antibiotic ointment or cream over the areas but you should (must) return to see the surgeon as soon as possible for an evaluation.
The surgeon needs to see the issue and consider the use of antibiotics.

In brief: Stitch infection
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery
In brief: Clean and dry
If the wound deteriorates after the sutures are removed, then definately call your surgeon and get in for a follow up visit.
In the meantime, kept the area clean and dry. Wash with mild soap and water, pat the area dry. I recommend using a hair dryer to the area, being careful to warm and dry the area, but not burn. Also painting the area with betadine/iodine is helpful.

In brief: Clean and dry
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery