Can I have a stroke or should I be worried of having chd at age 27 with atryglceride level of 209 and total cholesterol level of 267? I just found out

Dr. William Cromwell
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: Need to know more

As triglyceride (tg) levels increase the number of LDL particles (ldl-p) is characteristically high.
When ldl-p is high cardiovascular risk is elevated regardless of of ldl-c levels. To better assess your lipoprotein status i recommend checking lipoprotein particle numbers (ldl-p and hdl-p).

In brief: Need to know more

Dr. William Cromwell
Dr. William Cromwell
Dr. Ashu Syal
Pediatrics - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Hyperlipidemia

Well! the risks of having stroke or coronary artery disease with high serum lipid values is high but there is no study that documents the exact numbers and the probability associated with it.
Suggest diet and exercise and medications (statins etc.). All these significantly reduce the efforts.

In brief: Hyperlipidemia

Dr. Ashu Syal
Dr. Ashu Syal
Dr. Shontae Buffington