Could my milk be drying up if I am still breastfeeding?

Your milk supply is dependent upon the frequency of nursing, and complete emptying of the breasts.
I advise my breastfeeding moms to nurse every 1 1/2 -2 hours for 5-10 minutes to increase their supply. It usually increases within 24 hr. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids-don't wait until you're thirsty. Don't delay in consulting your doctor or a lactation consultant. Time is of the essence.

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Roy Benaroch

Yes, if your frequency of nursing is declining or if your baby isn't emptying you completely, your milk supply will decrease.

Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Cindy Juster